Did you know that research shows more than 90% of all Americans do not eat their recommended amounts of fruits & vegetables? So while you are enjoying the season, don’t forget to enjoy your fruits and veggies. We’re all about health right? Here are a few ways to get more fruits and vegetables every day to fit into your routine. You’re welcome busy people! 🙂
- Cut up fruits and veggies so they are ready for quick snack; carrots
stick and celery are good choices.
- Frozen grapes and sliced bananas make a cool treat.
- Eat raw vegetables with your favorite dips and salsas
- Shop at your local farmer’s market or local produce stand for a variety
of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Keep dried fruits on hand. They make excellent topping for cereals or
snacks on the go.
- Try a frozen 100% fruit bar. It is sweet as well as cooling on a hot summer’s. Remember that frozen is as good as fresh!
- If you have kids buy the Cuties (clementines). They are easy to take along with you and let’s face it, whatever your kids eat, you end up eating as well!