I always try to make sure i’m focused on the brighter side of things. Easier said than done, I know, but you really have to force yourself to look at the bigger picture in life. Sure you may have a certain problem now but trouble don’t last always and you have to find a way to press on.
Here are 10 ways to stay connected to the joys of life, every day, even in the midst of trials and tribulations.
- Say a prayer at the end of each day to thank God for the health and safety of you and your loved ones.
- Meditate to regain focus and clarity.
- Long walks have a way of connecting you with nature. No matter the weather, go and enjoy a walk and pay attention to the natural world beyond your typical hustle and bustle.
- If you are lucky enough to have your grandma in your life give her a call. Grandmothers always know just what to say!
- Visit a friend who has a baby. Babies always make you smile and the innocence of a child reminds you just how simple life should be.
- Attend a church service. Church is the place to go to be uplifted, prayed over and to rejoice in all the God has done for you. I know I usually feel better after a little praise and worship!
- Volunteer. Helping those less fortunate puts your problems in perspective.
- Lose yourself in a really inspirational book.
- Exercise to relieve stress.
- Play with kids. Playing with kids brings out in you. Have some fun!
“Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.”-Psalm 30:5